In the course of training job seekers on employability skills, we have observed a few mistakes with their job search process, so we have compiled ren ways to land a job this year.
1. CREATE A COMPELLING CV THAT FOCUSES ON SKILLS AND WORK EXPERIENCE.
Employers care about these more than anything else.
2. SUBSCRIBE TO TOP JOB SEARCH PLATFORMS AND TRACK VACANCIES.
Consider joining online job communities like the WAVE jb community. It is less about the number of platforms/communities but more about the quality.
3. TRACK WHEREVER YOU SEND YOUR CV TO
Track the company or recruitment firm and date. This will help you remember the applications you sent and manage desperation.
4. CUSTOMIZE YOUR CV TO FIT EACH JOB APPLICATION.
Do not send generic CVs for all positions. Modify per role because bo one CV fits every role. Edit the skills to suit the role advertised.
5. IF POSSIBLE, USE YOUR REAL NAME FOR YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
Check your mail inbox as often as you can, using your real name communicates professionalism.
6. Consider volunteering or interning. Your chances are higher because you will gain more work experience and your professional network will increase.
7. Have an active phone number. If possible 2
8. Be prepared to defend every piece of information on your CV.
9. "Do you have any questions for us?" is your cue to show that you have made your research about the organisation and have a potential interest.
10. Dress the part. Be courteous. Wear a smile. Show confidence!
We are rooting for you this year!