Position: Employee Experience Coordinator at WAVE
Organization Context: WAVE is solving what is arguably the biggest challenge on the continent: youth unemployment. In West Africa, 40-85% of youth, more than 50 million, are unemployed or underemployed. Meanwhile, job creation in the region is on the rise. The disconnect between work-ready youth and the employment market must be bridged. WAVE gets young people ready for work and connect them to the right entry-level jobs. Since 2013, we have trained over 3,000 unemployed youth and transitioned over 70% of them into employment, entrepreneurship, or education/training opportunities that double their incomes within one year. More broadly, WAVE aims to “re-wire” Nigeria’s education-to-employment system by facilitating collaboration between employers, educators, and the government to develop industry-relevant competencies that ensure a successful transition into the labor market. Our vision is a world where every young African has access to the skills and opportunity to become what they imagine.
Support Services are all services that support the program delivery at WAVE, from financial management to People support to Administrative support.
Position Summary: The Employee Experience Officer is responsible for designing, managing, and supporting the entire life cycle of staff members of the organization, from recruitment to retention to growth. The Employee Experience Officer will work closely with the Department Leads and senior leadership to maximize the employee experience based on the organization’s value proposition.
Position Responsibilities: The Employee Experience Officer will support the entire organization through effective collaboration with the department leads to understand the specific needs of their teams and report findings to senior leadership. The ideal candidate will be a natural leader with excellent verbal/communication skills and a thoughtful, persuasive personal style.
● Talent Acquisition:
○ Develop and implement employee experience strategy that ensures the WAVE employee
experience is the top 10% of all lifetime work experiences and directly leads to the most
effective (quality fit, time, cost) talent acquisition
○ Develop and execute initiatives that reinforce WAVE’s employee value proposition
(Mastery, Meaning, Membership) and culture with a high level of detail and organization
● Utilize effective communication for Internal Communications needs
● Participate in cross-functional collaboration with the Internal Communications team, People
team, and other teams as needed.
● Participate in brainstorming sessions for culture initiatives using insight gathered from the
● Communicate organizational decisions from senior leadership to organization
● Be the WAVE culture keeper in key areas (Communication, Transparent and effective decision
● Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written, digital, non-verbal) with a diverse set of
employees in a way that builds trust, show genuine care and respect for the whole person, and
demonstrates generous listening.
● Strategic thinking to effectively map out the direction of the organization, while constantly
emphasizing the value proposition of the organization in a manner that engages and motivates
● Proactive Problem Solving to understand the direction of the organization, while also ensuring it
aligns with staff needs
● Ability to multitask and problem solve varying team member needs (Health, PD, Leave requests,
Pension, Taxes, Salaries, Payslips, as well as varying day to day needs)
● Ability to make effective decisions by gathering input from stakeholders, and considering the
impact on the organization and team members, while communicating and being transparent
with the decision-making process
● Approachable and able to build trust with team members
● An innovative mindset to deal with ambiguity, peculiar situations, and constant changes
● Organized to handle multiple tasks in a timely manner while managing expectations along the way
● Motivate employees and maintain high levels of staff morale and engagement
● Ability to lead people by supporting them to perform their tasks effectively
● Communicate complicated matters in a simple, structured way across the entire organization from entry-level to senior leadership
Get work done through cooperation with other groups with no direct reporting relationship to
● Self-starter, with proven ability to produce results within budget and time deadlines
Are you the right fit? We would love to hear from you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and use Employee Experience Coordinator: “Your name” e.g Employee Experience Coordinator: “James Smith” as the subject title of your email.
Position: Direct Programs Lead
Position Summary: The Direct Programs Lead oversees the coordination and administration, codification, and continual improvement of all aspects of the skills training & job placement program including planning, organizing, staffing, and supporting academy teams in service delivery.
The Programs Lead performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
Plan the program
● Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the
goals of the organization
● Develop new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
● Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
● Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program
● Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
● Develop funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services
Organize the program
● Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
● Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
● Develop forms and records to document program activities
Staff the program
● In consultation with the Operations Lead and Academy teams, recruit, interview, and select well-qualified program staff
● Implement the human resources policies, procedures, and practices of the organization
● Implement and refine performance management process for all program staff
● Engage volunteers for appropriate program activities using established volunteer management practices
● Ensure that all program staff receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the programs
Support the program
● Ensure all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with
● Support program staff by providing direction, input, and feedback
● Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program
● Liaise with other team members to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
● Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
Monitor and Evaluate the program
● Ensure that the program operates within the approved budget
● Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
● Ensure financial reports and supporting documentation for funders are prepared as outlined in funding agreements
● Provide required information to have reports generated and submitted to funders according to the established timelines
● Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
● Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework
● Report evaluation findings to the CEO and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
The Direct Programs Lead should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
● Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
● Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
● Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
● Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
● Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
● Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
● Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear decisions that are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
● Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities.
● Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
● Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations, and/or resolve the problem.
Are you the right fit? We would love to hear from you.
Please contact us at email@example.com and use Programs Lead: “Your name” e.g Programs Lead: “James Smith” as the subject title of your email.
Position - Growth Lead
Objective of the Role: Onboard growth partners, make sure they have what they need to be successful, and facilitate the connection of their students to entry-level jobs
Take this job if:
● You like executing pre-defined processes, with a strong focus on quality control
● You like being in the field, talking with people, and influencing them to work with WAVE. You have the energy and motivation to manage multiple stakeholders at once.
● You are interested in building relationships within the education space in Lagos
● You feel ownership of WAVE, and want to see it succeed. We need you if we are to scale up.
● You can see yourself as CEO of WAVE one day. The path to becoming CEO is to take on increasing amounts of responsibility, and bigger challenges, starting here.
● You like being organized and playing a coordinating role that organizes others
Don’t take this job if:
● You are uncomfortable with having meetings and strategy sessions and don’t feel that these are a good use of your time.
● You don’t like fieldwork
● You don’t like sticking to structure and schedules
● You don’t want to have weekly check-ins with Programs Support, and/or don’t see the importance of sharing learning and insights on a regular basis with your fellow Department Leads
Position Summary: The Growth Lead is responsible for rolling out the WAVE training model to external organizations, and then facilitating matching for trained alumni, in a systematic, scalable manner.
The Growth Lead performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
● Onboarding replicators: Developing and leveraging relationships to recruit growth partners, pitching the model
● Define deliverables: conduct a needs assessment and implementation plan for and with each replicator
● Facilitating “Training of the Trainer” (ToT) by WAVE staff to the growth partners
● Quality control of growth activities: M&E, regular site visits, certification, and feedback and corrective/supportive action for replicators who are not meeting quality control standards
● Data gathering, analysis, and extracting insights: collecting M&E information from growth and processing it to identify areas for improvement
● Resolving issues that arise during a project, and initiating appropriate corrective action, such as initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in growth performance are identified or issues arise
● Managing communications with the Programs Lead, Strategy and Business Intelligence, and all stakeholders
● Managing risks to the program's successful outcome, and flagging all risks to program support (whether they have been managed or not)
● Weekly Progress update meetings with Programs Lead to discuss progress, learnings and share ideas on next steps.
● Facilitating new hires to your department as needed
● Participate in bi-annual performance reviews for each team member in your department
● Process cash advance for your department
● Managing the department’s budget, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as each batch progress. Making decisions, together with your departmental team members, as to which activities are cost-effective and which are not
The Growth Lead should demonstrate competence in some of the following:
1. Leadership: Capacity to provide guidance and direction that others willingly follow and positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
2. Facilitation Skills: Ability to set the stage for others’ success through training or teaching without doing the work for them.
3. Relationship Management- Ability to network, build and develop strong relationships and social connections with stakeholders and partners on behalf of WAVE to get them excited about partnering with WAVE while building the reputation and brand of WAVE.
4. Problem-Solving Skills: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
5. Teamwork and Collaboration: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
6. Positive Outlook: Adds to the morale and productivity of the work environment by encouraging others and consistently looking for ways that ideas and processes can be done.
7. Independence: Ability to work autonomously and produce effective and efficient results without needing abundant direction from others.
8. Decision making: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks, and make clear decisions that are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
9. Organize and Plan: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities.
Are you the right fit? We would love to hear from you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and use Growth Lead: “Your name” e.g Growth Lead: “James Smith” as the subject title of your email.