Interviews are widely regarded as the most crucial part of a company’s recruitment process and a medium for both parties (interviewer & job seeker) to assess each other.
While some job seekers are fully aware and take advantage of the opportunity, many are ignorant, thereby missing out on the chance to assess their potential employer/organisation during the interview stage.
An interview should be a 2-way communication that answers the question, ‘why me-why you?’ Asking your interviewer questions creates the impression that you researched the company, and are interested in learning more about them to know if they are a right fit for you.
Now, here are 5 questions that will help you make the right decision
- How would you describe the work culture in this organisation?
- What is the growth opportunity for this role? is there a structure or is it based on how quick I achieve my goals? Is there a learning and development plan for employees?
- What does success look like in this role? How will it be measured and what’s the timeline
- How often do you conduct performance appraisals for employees?
- What are the perks of joining this organisation?
These are other questions you can ask during the interview;
- What’s the organisation structure? Who will I be reporting to?
- Is there a team available to work with?
- What is the team strength at this moment?
- What’s the duration of this probation?
- What is the salary increment structure?
- Who would I be working closely with?
- What are the immediate needs or projects to be addressed?
- What are the biggest challenges that someone in this position would (possibly) face?
- What’s the decision-making process like?
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram @waveacademies to get updates on more job and career updates.